Utility Payment Options
The City of Colby Utility Bills are mailed on the last business day of each month. Bills are due and payable on or before the 15th day of the month. If not paid by 8:00 A.M. on the 16th, a 10% penalty is assessed. If the bill remains outstanding and payment is not received by 8:00 A.M. on the 25th or the following business day, utilities will be disconnected.
Payment may be made by any of the following:
- By Mail – City Hall is located at 585 North Franklin Avenue, Colby Kansas 67701.
- In Person – The Utility Billing Department is located at the South end of City Hall.
- Drop Box – The drop box is located directly in front of City Hall. Envelopes are provided for your convenience.
- Single ACH Payment - Payment is taken from your checking/savings account on the specific date you request at $1.50 per transaction with authorization signed and on file.
- Credit Card – The City of Colby now accepts utility payments made by credit and debit cards. Credit Card fees are 3% of the total amount. Payments can be made online at the link below (municipal online website fee of $1.25 applied), by phone at 1-785-460-4400 or at City Hall.
- Recurring ACH Payment - If you would like to avoid penalties and disconnection, sign up for the Automatic Payment Service. The City of Colby automatically takes the payment out of your checking or savings account on the 15th of each month or if the 15th falls on the weekend it is taken on the next business day. Simply complete the form found below and deliver to the Utility Billing office at City Hall. There is no processing charge for the Automatic Payment Service.
- Deferred Payment Agreement - When all other payment options are exhausted, the City of Colby does offer a written arrangement to extend your bill due date to the 15th day of the following month. This option is allowed only once every 6 months after you have signed a deferred payment agreement. Application for this option is obtained at City Hall as a signature is required.