Apply for a Job
The City of Colby is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
ELECTRIC UTILITY DIRECTOR
The City of Colby, Kansas is accepting applications for the position of Electric Utility Director. This position reports directly to the City Manager. Leads and directs the operations of the electric department; to perform complex supervisory, administrative and professional work in planning, organizing, directing and supervising the electrical production and distribution of the city's electric utility system projects.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate and direct the electric operations for the city.
- Provide and oversee the performance of all department staff.
- Responsible for departmental operations with respect to equipment, and personnel; supervises the implementation of such plans.
- Reviews department performance and effectiveness, formulate programs or policies to alleviate deficiencies.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of the annual budget for the department and controls the expenditures of the department within the parameters.
- Review, administer and develop the department's operating and capital budget.
- Prepare and research grant proposals.
- Exercises supervision; to include recommendation of hiring, disciplinary action, and dismissal.
Education and Experience:
High school graduation or G.E.D. supplemented with five or more years of electric utility management including line work and generation production facilities. Economic and community development utility knowledge thorough knowledge of grant development, community relations with city or county governing bodies, industrial clients and community organizations; knowledge of and ability to research NEC, understanding of computer GIS/GPS software, knowledge and ability to review construction plans is required. Skill in operating the tools and equipment needed to perform the job.
- Possession of ICS 300 certification or the ability to obtain.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Kansas CDL driver's license.
- Establish residency in the Colby city limits or within a reasonable distance approved by the City Manager.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in business administration, mechanical or electrical engineering, and governmental budgeting or a closely related field. Possession of ICS 400 certification.
Submit resumé /application to email@example.com or mail to City of Colby 585 N. Franklin Colby, Ks. 67701
Classification – Exempt
Salary – Based on Education/Experience
EEO – The City of Colby is an Equal Opportunity Employer
STREET MAINTENANCE WORKER I
The City of Colby is accepting applications for the position of Street Maintenance Worker I. This position performs a variety of manual labor in the construction and maintenance of streets, sewers, water lines, parks, buildings, and airport; operates equipment; assists with snow removal operations; services & fuels equipment. Successful applicants will possess a Class “B” commercial driver’s license (or the ability to obtain a Class B CDL). Starting salary depends on qualifications. The City of Colby is an EOE and provides employees with an excellent benefit package. Application forms can be obtained below or from the office of the City Manager, 585 North Franklin Avenue, Colby, Kansas 67701 (785-460-4410). Application review will begin upon receipt. Open until filled.
The application may be downloaded from the following link:
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat reader to view